I have noticed lately, from personal and shared experiences, that aggression is in the air so I thought I’d compile a list of the ways I combat aggression and keep it out of my life. Perhaps it could help you too :) and please, add your own ways to this list in the comments section…
1. Allow others to think differently than you (granted they don’t force anything upon you.)
2. Smile. At others and to yourself.
3. Figure out what is making you aggressive and make CHANGE. Others may have to change too, you may think, but you can’t control them so control yourself.
4. Communicate. Keeping things inside or simply not talking about things with others takes so much more time, energy and effort. (Ignoring something is the best way to keep it around. Dealing with it head-on makes it STOP.)
5. Breathe. Focus on it. (And may I suggest doing yoga?)
6. Stop worrying about what others are or are not doing for or to you. Take care of yourself. Everything else will be a gift you decide to keep or not.
7. Smell the roses. Literally and figuratively. Take time to enjoy the simple pleasures nature gives you. It will help keep things in perspective.
8. Cook something from scratch. Trust me. It’s therapeutic.
9. Read. Whatever appeals to you.
10. Get rid of the negativity in your life. This could be a person, place or thing. Make a list if necessary.
11. Love yourself. Otherwise, you’ll never truly love anyone else.