Happiness. That elusive feeling we all want, whether we admit it or not. That beautiful energy that swirls around those who feel it. That pleasurable experience from finding a piece of what you’ve been seeking, that can take your breath away at the same time elevate you.
Why would you not want it?
Of course, it’s one of the hardest things to attain and I’d beg to argue the most sought after. Don’t most people want the well-beloved material items – money, cars, drugs, art – so they can be happy, or so they think?
I think happiness is most difficult to find because it comes from within.
That’s a primitive thought though. Aristotle declared, ” Happiness depends upon ourselves,” many, many, many years ago.
Sometimes to get to the good stuff, the bad stuff has to come out too though. I’ve had some dark, dark moments but when the light did emerge, I felt an inner peace I had never felt before.
Here’s some simple questions I’ve found to be helpful to gauge how happy one is. Perhaps they can help you too!
1. How often do you smile at someone before they’ve smiled at you?
2. Do you yell a lot?
3. As you read this, are your shoulders scrunched up?
4. Do others try to spend time with you?
5. Do you care about what others think?
6. Do you lie? How often? How big?
7. Do you exercise in any way on a weekly basis?
8. Are you proud of your eating habits?
9. Are you proud of yourself?
10. Do you cuss at others to get your words across?
11. Do you enjoy your days?
If you don’t like any answers to these questions, it’s NEVER too late to change…