Unless you’re on the front lines of the pandemic, which includes all those deemed essential workers, then you’ve pretty much been in some form of isolation or alteration of your home lifestyle because of COVID. Some are in total isolation, and some are in quarantine, some are saying F U to the rules, and others are in a thousand other potential scenarios.
Point being, we are all dealing with COVID in some form, and it’s on a global scale – GLOBAL! Isn’t that fascinating, in-and-of-itself that it’s a global pandemic, and we are in a time period where global communication is instant?
But I digress…
While dealing with being furloughed from my restaurant job, I’ve had to change my entire lifestyle. And while doing so, I’ve noticed a few lessons learned that I thought I’d share…. please add any of your own in the comments!
11 Unintended Lessons Learned From Being Home Due to COVID
1. It’s important to rotate your couch cushions… or at the very least sit in different spots. Not only for firmness, but no one needs to see where your butt’s been spending a lot of its time.
2. You can actually forget to shower for days.
3. There is an INSANE amount of content to stream. And good shit too!
4. Days of the week can lose their meaning. I’m thinking of creating SunMon, a 48-hour period of easing out of one week and into the next.
5. I should not expect to get a callback when applying for a grocery store job.
6. There is an INSANE amount of content to stream. And good shit too!*
7. I have absolutely no desire to wear a bra. Ever again.
8. Working in pajamas is something we should seriously consider, if not only for the comfort but for the ease of having less laundry to do.
9. Children adapt WAY quicker than adults do. Like incredibly so. We should study it…
10. The absolute best thing about Zoom is that you only have to prepare from the waist up. But of course, connecting us all is cool too.
11. If money stacked up as quickly as dishes did, DAMN – we’d all be bajillionaires!
*(Yes, this was written twice, that’s how much good shit!)